Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset


7:31 AM - There is nothing more beautiful than sunrises and sunsets - well, except for my wife. It is an awesome thing to watch in the morning. I think, as a retiree, I take more time to enjoy those things in life. That is what strikes me this morning as I sip a cup of hot chocolate. This picture was taken in Canada. Carolyn and I were headed for the airport in Thunder Bay. We had left Press Lake very early. We are looking back to the East.

12:06 PM - Had first meeting as the secretary of the Fitzsimons Men's Club. Only lasted 1 hour, that is good. I'm almost packed for my journey, thinking of last items that I do not want to forget. It is a beautiful day --45 degrees, sunshine, no wind - getting some great snow melt. I got the oil changed and tires rotated on the pickup -- safety measure for Carolyn while I'm gone. Living large and loving every moment!

8:36 PM Made it to Grand Island, Nebraska. Spending the night - don't want to push the driving. They got a lot of snow here --- a lot! It is cold, but bearable. Catch you all on the sunny side of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment