Monday, February 15, 2010

Froze Toes

8:30 AM - it has been a long day already - up at 5AM - watching the pastel skies waiting for the bright sun to shoe itself. We didn't get a lot of snow yesterday - but the wind was blowing and Jacque's drive drifted to impassable.  This morning I enjoyed the "crispy cold", got out the front end loader and cleared the path - gosh that is fun.  I bougrht a tripod for my video camera so I can take a picture next time.  There is no haze this morning, so the so you can actually see and feel the sun but the wind still puts a chill on the face.  The boots I have are more than 40 years old -- I think I need new ones with wool socks  -- nice to be inside with a hot cup of coffee.  Have a great day!

3:30 PM -- wow, I just noticed I have 2, count'em   2 official followers.  I don't think I'll get a big head.  Spent the day with Mum and Lewis - well, a few hours anyway.  The weather is very strange - the sun tries to peak through, but just can't crack the haze.  The wind is blowing and the snow is drifting again.  I have not seen the mallards all day so I'm going to venture out and check on them -- in a little bit.  Mum and I are going to head to Tama in the morning - play a few slots -- it was something she really enjoyed doing with dad.  I've been purely relaxing.  I brought some stuff to do - the stuff ain't done - well, I did get the Fitz Men's Club minutes out - but have one more thing to do for that.  For now, I'm headed south about 100 yards - I'll see how the mallards are.  If I don't get back, I'm probably stuck in a snow drift!  My toes aren't cold anymore.  I'm back the ducks are fine and my toes are still warm.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment