Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Me in 83!

Another day,
Snow melting fast,
The puppies are bored!

Supposedly it is "retro" week. Whatever that means folks seem to be putting up pictures of themselves in their youth. 1983 really isn't that far back. I think I still worked at the House of TV Repair - maybe it was the year we sold it to Harlan. He was a really neat guy - just retired from a large company and wanting to start a business of his own.

I was ready to get out of business for myself -- long hours, lots of time away from family - spending as much time being a manager when I really enjoyed being a technician. Something had to give, and it was the business. It did treat me well though.

I remember being happy having someone else responsible for those families and folks that worked for the TV shop. As an owner, I felt responsible for not only the shop and my family, but the livelihood of others as well. Carolyn and the kids really supported me - I think, at times, they really sacrificed an awful lot. Those are days that served us all well.

I'm not melancholy about those days, but they did provide many, many, memories. But, I must get back to the present and bid farewell to reminiscing. Enjoy your moments, all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment