Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3rd, 2010 - Sunday


Winter day....
Feeders are all empty....
No Golf Monday!
The snow is really lingering despite the 40 degree plus days we've had. It isn't an accident that the feeders are empty. Last year must have filled the ones in the front and back dozens of times. I went through enough corn to feed a herd of cattle.
I haven't fed any of the critters this year. I was listening to a naturalist that indicated that feeding the birds and squirrels has actually caused a reduction in the population of certain species. Their argument was pretty good - so I don't feed anymore. I guess I ought to take the feeders down.
I took the Westies for a nice long walk today. They enjoyed it as much as I did. Well folks... enjoy your moments - have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment