Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 - Maria Kondo and Tidying Up

"Tidying Up" continues, as well as exploring 1 way or daytime privacy window coverings.  Right now I'm working on my office, and Carolyn's office.  But the clean-up is bringing up other sentimental delights.

My old Air Force Master Instructor badge, some of our archery achievements, one of dad's "Member Montezuma, Iowa Fire Department " badge, a tea set that belonged to mom, and much more.  One item brought back a lot of Junior High "stuff" - some good memories, and some not so good memories. 

The pictured wallet was one I made in shop class in, I think 1959.  I really did love leather work.  This one was retired some 15 years ago, but it is still serviceable  if I wished to use it.   I still enjoy leather work from time to time.  About 14 months ago Carolyn asked me to repair a purse strap.  Well, after purchasing a new stitching awl and wax string I was successful -- and that purse strap is still holding tight.  I've found my old hardboard, hammer, tools and, well, almost everything I need to pick the hobby up again.  I'm looking forward to it - once I finish my tidying process in my basement workshop.

I'm also thinking about a better refurbishment of the electronics in my very old Zenith radio.  It is gonna be a wonderfully busy summer!

Enjoy your moments!  Laugh and smile a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment