Sunday, January 6, 2019

January 5th, 2019 - BEANiTOS Crunchy Mac and Cheese Snacks

One of Carolyn's good friends introduced her to a product called BEANiTOS Crunchy Mac and Cheese.  They look like Cheetos, but they are baked and they are made out of beans.  When I fist tasted them I was a bit disgusted by the flavor - I detest Mac and Cheese.  However a few weeks after the first trial, I tasted them again - I was hungry and desperate.  They grew on me.  These things are not always easy to buy - they can be hard to find.  The other BEANiTOS chips and such are readily available, but these seem to disappear off the shelf.

Today's emergency - Carolyn ran out of BEANiTOS.  We checked our usual online sources, i.e., Amazon and VitaCost.  We absolutely could not find the 11 oz packages which she likes to get.  Some of the suppliers were charging as much for a 6 oz package as we have paid for the 11 oz package.  Prices for 1 bag of 11 oz size, were as high as 15 bucks -- I can go out to a fairly decent meal at a restaurant for that.

We called some of the local businesses that claimed to have them in stock.  They didn't.  Carolyn made some calls - she found them at BigLots ... we bought them out at a very reasonable price - Carolyn felt like she struck gold!  I'm so happy for her - it made for a really wonderful ending to the afternoon!

Good luck finding your treasures - whatever they are.  (I know, I use far too many hyphens.)

All I had to do was hit "Publish"  -  but no, I had to wait for the picture. So I missed my deadline - it is an artificial one, but .....For some odd reason my phone is no longer updating Google Photos.  Oh well, I can always add the picture later.  Love it... Time to do some troubleshooting!  10:30A.M. 01/06/2019  Problem Fixed.  Wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment