Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Day of Reflection


When I think about today I think of reflecting on family -- what it means, who we are, where we come from, what makes us, us. I've been scanning photos for almost two weeks.  This is a photo of a great-grandmother, grandfather, mother and her first child - my sister Sharon.  My grampa was very special to me .  He taught me to walk while my dad was overseas in the Navy.  I don't recall seeing great-grandmother very much.  My sister has my grandfather's wonderful sense of humor - she can tell a story like no one can .  I had supper with her and her husband this evening - homemade pizza and shared a lot of fond memories and times.

I also stopped by my sister Lana's office, brother Mike;s home, Patti and Margi's (not home) and Mom's.  It was a joyfully busy day. I will be going home soon.  I will not forget this time I have had with my family.  It has been a gift, it has been very special -- I thank my lovely Carolyn for giving me up and giving me this very special time.  I am enjoying each and every moment.  Thanks for technology too, because I have been able to video conference with Carolyn almost every evening - she is going to be a bit pi&***d off about the car though.  Picture tomorrow!

You are all the best! Live your moments joyfully, share your smiles, your joys, your sorrows, your compassion, all emotions that you have -- they are a part of who we are - a part of what makes each of us unique, special, lovable!



No comments:

Post a Comment