Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Being Flexible

Today, I had planned on dropping things off that I had borrowed - cleaning the slate before I head for Colorado - then going to Oskaloosa to see Sharon and Danny.  Funny how things change when you stop at mom's first.  Well, that is what being flexible is all about.  So instead of dropping things off we went to Tama.  We had a really good meal at the JackPot Buffet.  The turkey was absolutely out of this world, tender and very moist.  Everything else was good to.  By the way, mom won, I lost, but not so bad that I wouldn't come back.


Mom and Lana were looking at photos this morning and as a result I get to scan 4 old family albums.  Already I have shed tears.  What a beautiful (handsome) couple mom and dad make.  I've seen pictures of her and dad that I have never seen before - it will be nice to share with the rest of the family, my wife, my kids, and grandkids.  Pictures of all the homes we lived in, in Humbolt, Hartley, Kimbalton - places we went, our pets and so much more.  Maybe I left home at such an early age that I never saw this -- or maybe they were something we just put away and never looked at - those pictures will bring so much joy, laughter, and yes tears.  Its great -- and yes, they are past moments, but we experience them in the present - with our present selves, feelings, emotions and even some baggage - that hopefully we have lost somewhere along the line.

By the way, take another look at the photo above  - do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment