Sunday, December 22, 2013

What To Say?

I know there are days when I just don't know what to do or say.  This is one of them.  At those times, it is just best to start typing and keep the fingers moving.  The thoughts may or may not come and so what!  I know that I am grateful for my parents and my brothers and sisters, for our children and their spouses or significant others, for their children ( our grand children), and for all of the folks in my life.

I'm grateful for laughter and for tears, for calmness and chaos - for all emotions and the ability to experience them.  I was saddened today that the latest Colorado school victim died yesterday - Claire was her name.  Claire attended the same school that one of my nieces attends.  It is sad and it brings back a lot of the horror and sadness of the Aurora theater shooting - it doesn't take much to bring tears.  But it also reminds me of how fortunate we are that some of the victims of that tragedy are making progress and doing well-and for that I am grateful.

I think a lot about my sibs lately.  I'm glad that I'm in regular contact with some of them via internet games.  I need to make a better effort to call them and Mum more frequently because I am blessed to have them in my life. 

Today, Carolyn and I will be going to our very first "neighbor" invite - a small Christmas open house across the street from us.  We'll have some very enjoyable moments - you have some as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment