Friday, June 25, 2010

Can You Hear a Heart Being Torn in Two

It is a wrenching, tearing sound - that bleeds from the eyes.  I'm always so full of hope (last blog) - yet somehow, hope is not enough and action must be taken.  This is where values and integrity clash with the feelings of the heart.  A promise broken is a promise broken - but is there a way around it, or would that just be a devious way to break the promise  -probably so me thinks.  So, I'll think on it some more and see what happens.

It is sad that there is now time on our side, yet the chasm is vast - so allowing time to heal.  Is it necessarily true that time heals all?  I think not.  I do believe that there is one gender that tends to "not forgive and forget".  Maybe it is all genders - it just isn't the way my mind works.  (anyone reading this would not have a clue what I'm writing about - except those who "might know" first hand)  Someone has to take a first step, but I promised it would not be me.  Funny how promises can get us in so much trouble - when if revealed would clear up a lot of things, but, a promise is, after all, a promise.

I long to get back to Mirror Lake - Carolyn would prefer a cabin me thinks... so I'll see if something is available.    I know the picture doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything.  But, it was from a family journey to Iowa - where Brooke said, "This is paradise".  they were also amazed by the size of corn

In the end, the heart will take us to the right place... I've got to have faith in that - I've got to.

No comments:

Post a Comment