Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Myrtle Beach - Day 6

Okay - keep my cool, be the ball, all that wonderful sounding stuff.  Today is the traditional Ice Cream Banana Split match.  So, all I have to do is play to my points.  I've not won this thing in 20 years - one year Tanner did give me a mercy split.  Maybe it is a tradition that I continue to lose?

We are playing the Davis Love course at Barefoot Landing.  It is a wonderful venue for this much ballyhooed event.  The event doesn't draw the press coverage it should - not at all like the US Open that's this week.  I do miss Tiger in the golf tournaments.  I hope he gets over all this "stuff" and his injuries and gets back to being the great golfer he was.  He made mistakes - yes - but I would still like to see if he can break some more records.

As for me - Thursday (tomorrow) will be a travel day and it will be good to get back home.  Report on the "event" later.
*****
So - this year I won a Banana Split.  It was awesome - Rum Raisin, Peach, Pistachio Almond - toppings: Caramel, Hot Fudge, Chocolate Syrup - Whipped Cream of course - I didn't get the Marichino for some reason.  I had not had a bowl of ice cream for about 12 months - it was soooooo good, especially since Bob had to pay for it.

Love course at Barefoot was fantastic.  It was in excellent shape except for maybe some of the sand traps.  But, I wasn't in too many of them so didn't have to deal with that.

This afternoon its washing clothes and packing for home.  Lots of moments left to enjoy though!  Enjoy your moments they are precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment