Sunday, June 12, 2011

Myrtle Beach - Day 3

3:40AM - Mountain Time - but, I'm on the East Coast drinking a cup of coffee and started the daily travelogue blog (another rhyme).  Today it is Caledonia and True Blue - practically across the street from each other and very near to Heritage Plantation.  We are off to an early start because it is quite a bit further South than we are staying.  That means a really quick breakfast this morning and wheels up by 6:15.  Our trip navigator and tournament director (same guy - says its his last year doing the planning) has his timing spot on.  I'm not sure the rest of us want to take over a job that someone has been doing so great at for the past 18 or 19 years.

It looks to be another full day of fantastic moments to enjoy - and maybe a snooze on the ride down south!
 
Caledonia- well going there helped me spell it right.  My drives were great today.  I had a wonderful score at Caledonia.  This venue is one of the most beautiful and well maintained golf courses here.  It has moved to the top of my list for this year.

We then played True Blue.  It was in excellent shape - the greens were slick as glass.  I didn't get many "good bounces" and didn't score well.  Frankly I was worn out when the day was over.  On the way back to the Condo we were disappointed to see that the Mayor's House restaurant was closed.  However, we spotted a place (well Bob did) called Hansen House.  We decided it was worth trying.  It was very good - a keeper and we'll add it to the list of favorite MB eateries.

It is hard to believe we have only 4 rounds of golf left to play and 3 days left to stay.  The trip seems shorter this year, but that is okay - I'm ready to get home to Carolyn.  I'll have been gone almost 3 weeks out of the last 4.

Lots to do and lots of wonderful new moments to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment