Saturday, June 11, 2011

Myrtle Beach - Day 2

Up early today.  Meditation - on the condo couch.  Beautiful morning.  We play Heather Glen in North Carolina this morning.  We'll likely play 27 holes.  Gordon and I are partners this morning.  I'm going to play a lot better than I did yesterday.  No more "blue" tees.  Our second shots yesterday were all over 200 yards. That makes for some tough golf.

Kona blend coffee - awesome.  Time for breakfast!

Well it was a good day on the golf course -- of course -- what day isn't, when you are on the golf course.   We did play 27 holes, the last 9 was just for fun... They first 18 I made up some of the ground I lost on the first 36 holes we played.  Heather Glen is a beautiful golf course with three very distinct 9 hole venues.  These courses were in the best condition of the three we've played so far on this trip.  The greens held nicely - but, so did the fairways.  They've been watering the heck out of the course so there wasn't any role at all.

When we played the final 9 holes for practice, I really worked on my drives.  It was definitely worth the time.  Tomorrow we play Caldonia and True Blue - these are two awesome golf courses in near Litchfield Plantations and Pauly's Island in South Carolina - (Pawley's Island maybe).

Mil is my partner in the morning and Bob in the afternoon.  We'll be eating dinner at the Mayor's House in the evening.  It was a great find last year - great food, friendly folk, and reasonable prices.

Live your moments well!

No comments:

Post a Comment