Thursday, August 25, 2011

Motezuma Iowa

DRY, DRY, DRY -- did I say dry?  It really is dry around here.  I've never seen the grass so dormant this time of year in Montezuma.  We've been visiting sibs, celebrating Mum's 88th birthday and getting ready to head for home in the morning.

I guess the only thing I've really noticed is the condition of the sidewalks - they are awful.

There are a couple of beautiful new buildings in town - one is a residence, one an office building.  Of note is the new Subway across the street from Vannoy's car lot.  Can you believe it?  A Subway in Montezuma.  I wonder how long it will list.  The Mexican restaurant that took over Sandi's is already out of business.

Lana and I took her new little boat out this morning.  The 8 HP Merc I brought her fired right up - but didn't like trolling speeds at all.  I guess she'll have to do a little work on that, but she'll get it running run or no one can.

All in all, it has been a pretty good trip.  We got awesome gas mileage coming out - smooth sailing and about 40mpg.  If we don't hit headwinds going back West we should do just as well.  I'm thinking two days though, instead of one.   We'll see.  There's lots of moments between now and then and I need to be in the now, for now, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment