Thursday, June 7, 2012

MB 2012 Day 3: The Sun Was Nice

It was a "bright, bright, sun shiny day".  A nice change.  We enjoyed Kings North at Mytrle Beach National golf courses.  It is a really beautiful golf course.  I didn't play beautifully - but did improve over yesterday by two strokes.  I did however win "gator" honors again.  Not something I'm proud of.  My partner today, Mil, shot lights out - as did my match opponent, Bob - shooting an awesome 78.  He was on!  I couldn't hit a drive to save my life.  I did, however, birdie the very tough signature hole.  All in all it was a good day of golfing.

We ate lunch at Ruby Tuesdays - I had a salad.  We at supper at Cagney's Prime Rib and Lobster House.  The prime rib was  - how should I put this - bad!  And, for a prime rib house - bad prime rib is really bad.  It will NOT be on our repeat list of restaurants.

Tomorrow we head for two of our favorite golf courses, Heritage Plantation
 ( http://www.legendsgolf.com/heritageclub ), and Caledonia Fish and Golf club
http://www.fishclub.com/caledonia/photo-tour/ .  I'm looking forward to those courses. Heritage has huge greens and lots of water.  Caledonia - well, it is beautiful and typically very well "groomed".

The picture for today:
Mallard - Just liked taking this picture..
 Well, yes, it is a duck.  A Mallard to be specific - he was out for a swim (stroll or paddle) with his lady.  I had a picture of both of them - but, he just looked so cool.  Almost as good as the form of the golfer below.  Note the awesome follow through.

Unfortunately I pulled the ball left of the green and took a four on this par 3.  Everybody else parred the hole.
Lanny's Follow Through - good form, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment