Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MB 2012 Day 2: More Fun to Fish in the Rain than Golf in the Rain

Go figure.  It started gently enough but soon developed into a steady drizzle then 16 holes of, well, rain.  After 9 I stopped into the pro shop and bought some rain gear.  I stayed pretty much dry the last 9 holes.  We did, however, decide to switch the afternoon round to later in the week.  The other guys took off to the movies and dinner - I elected to get some solitary time.  The golf was, well, what it was.  I had a 49/50 with an 11 on one hole on the back.  I won dots.  I won 1.5 of the team thingy.  I lost my match on the 18th hole.  Bob still rules.

I do have a photo of me in my dashing new rain gear.  Oops, I earned the "gator" today.  Can't forget that.  So tomorrow, at King's North - I'll have to display it proudly.  The gator seemed to enjoy the weather.  I can't say so much for the rest of the guys.  Like I side fishing is more fun than golf when it is raining.  I'd post the guy's pictures, but, don't have their permission.  By the way - I lost 5 balls today (2 Water Hazard + 3 Hazard).  But, I found 8 - pretty nice ones so I still came out ahead.  Now that I think of it that's 5 penalty strokes (3 of them on one hole) - lots of room for improvement.

Oh, yeah, there is lots of water at Arnie's course.  http://www.mbn.com/courses/profiles/?id=60  Well, the rain suit and club head covers are all dried out now.  Time to put things back in the bag and relax.  I love this place.  I love golf, fishing, but most of all I love Carolyn.....

Please enjoy your moments.  I know I'll be enjoying mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment