Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Little Sister's Birthday

My sister Patti has a birthday today.  We called and sang - Carolyn and I.  Patti was at work at the new Safety Center in Montezuma.  This is the Patti I remember as a kid... I have a lot of very nice memories of her when she lived here in Colorado.  She now has a ranch or "ranchette" in Iowa -- where they board horses and such.  Frankly, I don't know how old she is this year - she still looks damn good.

My birthday approaches and sister Jacque-lee (pronounced Jack-lee) has one in July as well.  I told you I had family on my mind the last few weeks.

I think we'll be taking a trip back to Iowa later this year.  The "Class of 63" is having a reunion - it has been scheduled for homecoming weekend - nice touch me thinks.

Carolyn and I watched a DVD of Depak Chopra - 7 Spiritual Steps of Success - a lot like The Secret  - but different as well.  I think it was very interesting.  We also went to see "Shrek" (the newest one).  It got off to a very slow start, but once Donkey got involved - it was a lot better.  All in all it is worth a viewing.

Well as Depak says "be in the moment you are in..."  I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment