Friday, February 17, 2023

Just one of those days!

 This is one of those Fridays when I'm thankful the week is over. We've had snow, mice, traffic, lack of responses, and we wonder if anyone cares! On the other hand, we had Valentine's day, which we don't celebrate anymore. I looked it up. Here is the definition given by Wikipedia: "It originated as a Christian feast day honoring a martyr named Valentine. Through later folk traditions, it has become a significant cultural and commercial celebration of romance and love in many regions of the world." I've never heard of him. I remember celebrating this day before kindergarten! We made valentines for our classmates, friends, teachers, and parents. I love my wife! I don't need Valentine's day to celebrate our love for each other.

We go to the grocery store and find aisles of candy, cards, and gifts for every holiday! It is as if we are "guilty" of something if we don't buy and give. Now birthdays and anniversaries are something very special that should be celebrated! Why? Because those are celebrations of love and celebrations of the heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment