Thursday, October 1, 2015

Golf - I Love It (!

I think I love the game because it is all about individual self-improvement.  I've tried over the past few years to do just that - shooting in the 110-120 several years back to shooting in the high 80's to low 90's  and the occasional high 90's the past couple of years.  I think it is time to take the next step.  I'd like to shoot my age before I hit 75, that gives me five years!  No sweat.

To that end I'm going to take some serious lessons over the next 12 weeks.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I believe that I am a good golfer.  I think I can be an excellent golfer. I've signed on with Kevin Carlson (Fitzsimons club Pro).  I start tomorrow morning.  I had to rearrange some personal training, but along with WTF  (who I think has helped improve my game) some great golf lessons should really help.  I think Kevin will help me with better practice and better course management.  These are a couple of things I definitely need to improve - besides better focus and consistency! Kevin  ( kevincarlsongolf.com ) "guarantees" a 10 stroke improvement - wow - that would put me in the high 70's to mid 80's on a more consistent basis.    I'm there. 

It is important for me to "be in the moment" and that is where I am!

Had my first ever eagle the other day.  The 1st whole at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club - a par 4.  What a great feeling!.  I know I can look forward to many more pars and even more birdies.  Wahoo.  I'm really psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment