Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 1 - Golf With Kevin Carlson

So, day one 1 (Friday the 2nd) was an interesting/introductory getting to know your game day.  We played 9 holes.  I was very nervous the first three and had a double, a triple, and a double bogey in that order.  Kevin asked questions and I looked at some excuses... like I always start of slow, etc.  That's the bad news, the good news is I ended up with a 42 on the back 9 of Fitz - best I've done this year.  I birdied both par 5's and on of the par 4's.  My concentration improved.  Well, for me, 80 % of the game is between my ears.

Kevin had an interesting way of tracking my game... scoring zones, shots to hole out within the scoring zone, putts made or missed from 4'.  I'm going to go practice tomorrow.  I've got a neat practice card and I'm going to use it.  I'm serious about improving my game!  I LOVE IT!  Gotta get some card stock to print some of the special score cards and practice plans!  Hey, have a great weekend.  Be in the moment - really important on the golf course.  Let go of the last shot - good or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment