Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reminising

I've started a project of cataloging all of the old VHS, Super 8, Digital 8 and other videos that I have transcribed to DVD.  It is an arduous, but very loving task.  This morning I watched a video of a Collins family reunion held at a hotel in Iowa.  All of Mom's brothers and sisters will still alive at the time.  Now it is only Mom and Uncle Jim.  It is strange that I can not remember many of my cousins names... We did not live close together, nor were we necessarily a very close family - I'm nos sure I ever knew some of their names at all - especially Uncle Lew and Aunt Delores's kids, and Uncle Jimmy and Kathy's kids.

Carolyn's family and the kids and cousins are much closer - maybe it is part of Hispanic culture - or maybe it is just their nature.  There are wonderful videos of past Christmas celebrations, birthdays, vacations, and just fooling around.  My next part of the project will be to make the most of these memories....  Spend a little time in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment