Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spring Cleaning - Yah, I Know it Isn't Spring Yet

Why do we do what we do - things like Spring cleaning?  It has almost become an institution, especially for Baby Boomers like me (I'm not sure anyone now even knows what a Boomer is)?  Well we have started this annual tradition - but we have started way early.  Perhaps because we have company coming.  That always seems to set the stage for setting the stage.  I think we naturally want to show our best.

My mom, 91 years young, is coming to visit.  Lana and Jack are bringing her out.  It will be an awesome treat as some of her great grandkids have never met her!  Her grandkids haven't visit her much either.  I think the last time we were together was a reunion that Jacque and Howard hosted in Montezuma Iowa. It was a Collins family reunion - that's mum's side of the family.

I was giving up hope that mum would ever get out here again.  It brings tears to my eyes that she is going to be able to make the trip and to meet her Colorado legacy - for that is what we truly are.  What does this have to do with spring cleaning? Well it is an occasion that has been triggered by new life and new generations.  We just had a new grandson (Bishop) born - we have another on the way and their great grandma Fahlenkamp is coming out and will be able to see them.

Don and Yvonne Fahlenkamp Family 2006 at Collins Family Reunion
It will be so nice to have Jack and Lana here.  Many of Carolyn's siblings have stayed at our home for various reasons.  Jacque and Howard have been here - but that's pretty much it for my side of the family so it is really a wonderful thing and I'm so looking forward to it for the kids, grandkids, and for Carolyn and I - so cleaning away and sprucing up!  And, most importantly enjoying every single moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment