Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Morning Reflections

It is an early Monday morning and I just couldn't get to sleep after a 3 a.m. dream.  Sometimes I think I work harder in my dreams than I do when I'm awake.  I must be in another dimension or parallel life-stream.

Sunday was a very interesting day - well, not so much interesting as reflective.  When one is going over old photographs, one tends to do a lot of reflecting and I think that is a good thing to do.  It helps to remember where you've been and who you have known over the years.  It helps to give you that sense of purpose for the future. 

I also noticed how many photographs there were of absolutely nothing....  made me wonder why I took them in the first place.  That is one thing about the digital world - you can take lots of photos and then you can toss about 80% of them because they are really pretty meaningless.  Then again there must have been a reason you took them.  I also realized how many different cameras I'd had: my Brownie; a Foton (expensive, but took good pictures - we really got hooked by a salesman on that one), Kodak Use and Develop, Polaroid (my parents and ours), and, a couple of digital cameras - can't recall the brand names - that were dropped in water, onto the floor and otherwise abused until they couldn't take pictures that were in focus.  We now have a Nikon Coolpix and of course, our Samsung Galaxy III cell phones - there are so many ways to take pictures these days.  We also have a Sony Handycam - that we've used maybe 12 hours since getting it 8 or so years ago.

I realize this is "much ado about nothing", but it is what has flowed from my brain to my finger tips this morning.. I like that there is still a connection.... so, with all that, here's a photo to share with you! I took this picture from my office at the Deer Creek Facility - I could probably look at the "metadata" to see when.  It was one of those beautiful sunrises that we have in Colorado.. I used to go in early and come bak home late...  Pictures like this bring a lot of wonderfures blogging. 

I think this blog is my way of keeping a journal.  The writing and sharing of it bring a fulfillment of sorts.  I really don't care if it is read by anyone or not.  But if it is, for those who do read it.. I hope it gives you some ideas and thoughts to help you in some way.  Have a really great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment