Monday, May 6, 2013

MYR 2013 - One Month Earlier than Usual

Just in case you don't know, MYR is the airport code for Myrtle Beach.  The annual adventure begins today.  Carolyn and I were up at 0 dark thirty.  She made me a wonderful breakfast and had me at the airport by 5:55AM.  That makes for very short check-in and security lines.  it is a beautiful day in Denver - we even got to see the sunrise.

Uncle Bob, Wildman Gordon, and Competitive Mil - once again hit the links in Myrtle Beach.  This would be the 22nd year (consecutive for me) for some of us.  The three mentioned here and myself have been the group for the last 6 or 7 years.  I would definitely have to get out some historical records to verify that.  Mil and I will arrive in Myrtle this afternoon at about 3:15.  We'll meet Wildman and Uncle Bob there.  (Uncle Bob isn't really my uncle - but he would be a really great Uncle to have.)  I'm the only "outsider" on the annual outing - the other guys are "brothers-in-law".

I'm looking forward to the first round tomorrow.  I was fortunate enough to play golf with my son Chad yesterday.  His first full 18 holes.  Wendfal got him lessons at the PGA Store - what a joy it was to play at Meadow Hills with Chad.

I had a great round -- 82 (hope none of the guys read this -- it would be good if I could take some of their money this year.  We'll see what happens.

I will also do my very best to keep you posted (maybe even with some pictures) .... so have a great day, enjoy your moments, each and everyone of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment