Monday, May 6, 2013

MYR 2013 Arrival Day

So, we all arrived safely at the Legends in Myrtle Beach.  Check in was surely a shock to some.  More of a shock to me because they forgot to split the deposit - therefore I had to come up with some quick cash to spread around - they took the whole deposit off my bill.  I requested first floor, we are upstairs but all felt, even at our very advanced but youthful ages, we could deal with the climb after our long golf outings.

Down to business.  We had supper at The Sea Captain's House - right on the beach -- while dining we were able to view an astonishingly rough ocean - white water like I have not seen before.  Folks were, however, walking the shore - and taking pictures.  I had broiled flounder and steamed veggies.  it is good fair - and this spot has been a tradition for our first evening.

Then it was off to the golf store for golf balls and various other items.  following that it was a trip to the grocer for our normal snack fair consisting of ice cream, goldfish, and dry roasted peanuts... our usual healty fair for snacks for the week..  Once that was done we headed for Ailsa's pub for a Yuengling and a look at the Stanley Cup games.  Tomorrow we play The World Tour - Mil and I are partnered, Bob and Gordon are the opposition.  We play "Quota" golf.  I will also be playing match play with Bob.  I still have to decide the day for the great Ice Cream Banana Split contest.  I'm thinking it will be Saturday at Moorland.

All in all it has been a great day...... Sleep well - wake up with a smile and enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment