Friday, May 11, 2012

The ShoreLandr, The Mercury, the Microwave, and GOLF????

So, you know the trailer broke.  But, the part (Spring Bracket) got here and I got it installed - thank you ShoreLandr and Crowley Marine for getting it all done in such a timely fashion.  I finally got the other bracket inspected - it is pristine!  Bottom line - the boat has been in the water, the Merc works great - doesn't miss a beat - I even caught an 8" trout, and two 4" crappies... I didn't know they came that small - oh well.  Canada here we come.  I think I'll get it on the water a couple of more times.  Nice to be only 5.7 miles to the boat rampI

The Microwave - well the store manager says one size fits all  --  wrong, there's 26" and then there's well a lot bigger - 30".  Fortunately there is room in the wall cabinet for the modifications to make it work - so I will.  (Back story - the old built in Microwave crashed - so needed to replace - the new one is powerful and has convection cooking as well as mircrowave...)  Now, if only I can saw in a straight line!

GOLF - well it isn't exactly in the same category as trailers, boat motors, and microwaves - but.  Lately I've been having a great 1st 9 holes and a lousy (I mean no matter what hole we start on--) and a bad last nine holes, by as much as 12 strokes difference.  So, this week I noticed something about my game.. If I drive the ball in the rough or some other strange place.. my following shots are good and I score well.  If I put the ball down the center of the fairway, my following shots suck.  Duh - I say to myself what the heck.  I think that one I'm "recovering" from a bad shot I concentrate better on the next shot resulting in a good score for the hole.  If I have a great tee shot I tend to let up and don't score as well.  Sooooooo -- lesson learned.. I think.

Anyhow life is fantabulous, the sky is beautiful, and the lawn is lush and green..  Have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment