Monday, July 25, 2011

Early in the Morning - (Reminds me of a song)

"About the break of Day! I asked my....."  Anyway, it is 2:33 AM and I'm wide awake.  We are a few days away from closing on our new home.  Sure, I think I'm a bit anxious about it all.  It has been a few years since we've had a mortgage payment.  We've got the move planned.  Yes, we can take our time, but for a couple of days anyway we really have to pay attention to detail.  We all know I'm not very good at detail.  I've even made lists for this move and I'm definitely not one to make lists.  Maybe that's we I'm a having a sleepless night.

It is hot -- the last few days have seen temperatures in the mid to high 90's.  We drove by Utah Park yesterday and the sign said 106!  My mind is scattered, thoughts going this way and that way, crisscrossing, intersecting, ending up God only knows where - maybe in these few thoughts.

I've asked Wolfgang if he wants to go fishing this coming weekend.  I hope to hear from him.  I've asked a few people to help us with the move - the kids, the grandkids, some of my golf buddies.  I've got one firm yes so far.  But it will happen and we will get it done.

I'm also a bit concerned about being a "landlord" for the first time.  I know brother Michael has been one for a long time and he seems to handle it very well.  I'm working on getting the "legal" stuff done, you know, the paperwork and all such - and wondering what steps I'm willing to take if rent isn't paid on time and all that. It scares me a little bit - just a little.

We've bought a few new things for the new digs (besides the dinnerware) - an electric lawn mower, an elliptical exercise machine, flatware, a dining room table.  I was listing rooms for my room measurement project - I counted 19 rooms not including closets and such.  That is a lot of rooms - more rooms than our last three domiciles combined!  Last night Carolyn and I were talking about "living upstairs", where to put televisions, what bedrooms to make spare bedrooms and which to make "man cave" and/or "woman cave", meditation and yoga room, weight room (exercise equipment) and such.

We will probably have some "dual purpose" rooms.  We've even talked about having a Murphy Bed in one of the spare rooms to help serve that "dual purpose" for when Carolyn has all the out-of-town sisters and brothers over for a week or weekend visit.  That will be nice to be able to do!

On a side note - I've lost 55lbs since November 29 of 2010.  I met my goal and I'm holding pretty steady at 162 to 165lbs.  I feel great.  I've gotten off Metformin (for diabetes).  My blood sugar (the doc calls it BS) is great and my total cholesterol is below 200 - the good stuff is over 55! I'll have to post a before and after picture one of these days - just to brag a bit more.  (I hear my sisters are doing really great and getting in shape too! Life is good.)

We are planning our trip to Germany next year.  We've corresponded a bit with Uwe and his family.  I think, once we get moved, we'll be able to really get the trip planned out.  In the meantime there are many present moments to live and to enjoy to the fullest!  Enjoy yours!  We'll certainly enjoy ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment