Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trip Coming Up

Tuesday morning we'll head for Scottsdale.  Carolyn is attending a conference.  I'm going to do something - like sit at the pool and watch the swimmers swim and sunbathers sun bathe.  There are 200 some golf courses near there too.  I might take my clubs, I might not.  That is the good thing about being retired.  You can pretty much play things by ear.  I was always good at being on a schedule and keeping it - but I love not having one at all.

We shot our Archery league make up rounds yesterday.  Carolyn shot a 193 to my 111.  It'll be awhile before i even come close to being competition to her -- but that is a goal for me and I'm sticking to it for now.

The weather has been very cold in the morning but warms up nicely during the day.  Trenton and I have been chatting in the evening.  He is a cool kid.  All the grandkids are pretty cool.  I've asked Eric to come to Canada with me - I'm hoping (against all odds) that he will.  Carolyn would like for me to have company.  I will make the trip even if I do go it alone.  I've already indicated that I will take the long route through Iowa and caravan with the Montezuma and Minnesota contingents.

Mil has planned some great golf courses for the Myrtle Beach trip this year.  My score is already improving.  I shot an 85 on Thursday - in strong winds.  This is the year I get my handicap down to a 13 or better.  That's 6 strokes - I think I can do it.  I'm committed to more practice.

Enjoy your moments.  I know that I am enjoying mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment