Wednesday, February 12, 2014

On Being Wistful!

Wistful, quite a word! I'm not even 100% sure what it means... maybe longing or thinking back fondly close.  Just for kicks I think I'll look it up in a hard cover Webster's (yes, they still exist)! Webster says it is "showing or expressing vague feelings."  Well, that describes where I'm at right now - my feelings are vague, almost unreachable, definitely not very describable.  Though that is exactly what I'm doing right now.

I found another one of Mom's sayings or poems scratched on a small piece of paper:
Some one loves me,
Guess who,
It is me.....
    Yvonne Fahlenkamp

Maybe she made that up, maybe she didn't - but I do know it is something that just came into her mind and she had to write it down.  I'm not sure she ever shared it with anyone.  I do know that she does sometimes share her poetry by reading it out loud.  She has done so at church circles and past family reunions.  

I've never been in a place that makes me feel so wistful!  It is organized clutter.  There is a real sense of pride and a sense that Mom took care to place everything in just the right place for just the right purpose.  Right down to the smallest of nick-knacks.  As for me, I tend to have disorganized clutter and every time I try to do something about it... well, nothing happens, it just stays disorganized.

Well, it is time to get busy again and that is just what I'm going to do! I'll finish this later.

About an hour has passed. So, this is later and I'm gonna finish this entry.  I've gone from being "wistful" to being "mildly irritated" so it is probably a good time.  For what you ask, to finish this blog entry of course!  Anyway, still a lot of day ahead of me and a ton of things to take care of.  The most important thing is that I'm making significant progress. Kinda like GE used to say... Progress Is Our Most Important Product... or something of that nature.  Have a great day, enjoy your moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment