Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Iowa Trip

It is good to see family from time to time.  It is a long trip, not inexpensive, but doesn't really "break the bank".  When one is not around one's family, one does not "experience" family the same.  It perhaps makes things more interesting, but in some ways, it makes things very "unfamiliar".  Unfamiliar in the sense that families, I believe, have their own unique cultures.  These are differences in the way family members interact and relate to one another - habits, nuances, all of that.

I know the same thing applies to the way that I am perceived when I visit there.  My brother noticed I had lost weight.  My mom said I had a ways to go -- but was very complimentary of sibling that had lost weight.  Oh well - the wound was shallow and not discouraging.

When I do come back I want- to offer help where I can but that too is not always wanted, so that is okay, I'll just know not to offer anymore.

I had originally budgeted to come back more often.  Perhaps I should just reallocate that budget.  I'm mentally debating the issue right now. I'm in a moment where my moments are a bit confusing.  It is understandable - I'm not familiar, maybe, because I've been away for so many years - and that's okay.  It all makes sense, somehow.

I'm very much looking forward to Canada!  Very, very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment