Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Truth is Out There

Really, it is. I hate to borrow the phrase from x-files but in this case it is the only phrase that really works. There gathered around the campfire near the Oasis Restaurant and the Great Sand Dunes in the San Luis Valley - were 60 or 70 people and ... yes, at least one unknown entity. Carolyn and I arrived late - we listened to Stan speak. After I had gauged that we were in for the durination I went to get Carolyn a chair. I stood directly behind her and watched in toatl disbelief across the circle -- flames flickering in the center. Out of the dark two piercing whitish blue "eyes" surrounded by darkness.

I told myself this is good. these folks even dress up - fully believing that there was someone dressed up as an alien - no one seemed to notice, but I sure did. The eyes were so alive and yet so indescribable. I certainly couldn't believe what I was seeing and I was sure everyone else saw exactly the same thing. The "eyes" never once blinked. The entity appeared to have a camera, though I couldn't tell - 3 amber led's across the top and a weird flash. Was it taking pictures of us?

I glanced away and glanced back several times it was still there, still staring, though now, I think aware that I was aware - I think for at least four minutes. I said not a word - even whent the group was asked if anyone had anything to share. I was very sure this was some sort of practical hoax or just an innocent costume.

Shortly after the "entity" became aware that I was aware it bobbed and suddenly dissappeared. It reappeared - though I didn't see its eyes again on the left of the group briefly and on the right - and I mean appeared, I did not see it move, then was gone and I retired to the car and waited for the "event" to finish.

That isn't all, Carolyn and I somehow lost 2 hours of time driving up to the valley. It is a simple 4 hour drive that took us about 6 and 1/2 hours. Coming home took a bit over 4 hours including stops. Okay, you tell me what happened to two hours. the rain was so hard that we did pull over at one point, but surely we had not pulled over for two hours .... surely we had not. This all happened on the 15th of August, 2008.

Talking about living your moments, but losing 120 minutes?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment