Sunday, July 13, 2008

Who Cares Anyway?

Well, I do for one. There is the realization that no one reads these things. I don't read other blogs - but then, I've never looked for other blogs or don't know anyone who has one.

I was thinking this morning though - if no one ever reads it, is it ever really written? Sort like the question of the tree falling in the woods. It is a philosophical question. It isn't what is written so much as the writing itself that is important - even cathartic. I am definitely more dedicated to this than to maintenance of the family web site... which definitely needs some updating.

I was excited to do it when I first started - but sort of drifted when nonone really seemed to care. Perhaps they do, but just don't ever mention it. I don't check the statistics to see if it has even been accessed.

Went fishing this morning with the lovely Carolyn. I caught 2 something or others - one on a rap pearch and one on a little gold spinner. Nothing else. We didn't keep either fish as I was really looking for a walleye - I might have kept a big crappie too - but, alas, didn't get one.

I still have frozen trout in the fridge - so wasn't interested in them.

If Tanner reads this -- I got gimbaled cup holders... cheap ones, but they are mounted and ready to go.

I really would like to get out and play some golf this week I got a 3 iron I want to check out. Maybe a quikie 9 holes some cool evening. I also got a new Lob wedge and 1 of those 21 degree trouble hybrids - a Dimension Z to match the rest of my clubs.

Well - the next 4 weeks will be a roller coaster (is that one word?)! Especially of emotions I think.

The most important thing for me to remember and focus on right now -- each and every precious and beautiful moment! Carolyn asked me "what is it about fishing that you love so much?" Easy answer - when I'm on the lake - there is nothing in the world that is on my mind - a big empty - anticipation for the bite -- but not a lot -- mostly just nothing - a meditation of creation, peace - and jubilation. It is a celebration of universality!

So, if no one reads it, is it really written?

No comments:

Post a Comment