Monday, June 2, 2008

Back in Colorado

No interenet out there. Well, extremely limited. So I just waited for home. What a great trip to Canada -- despite all the driving and high gas prices, the trip was worth it. Funny that I find myself a bit speechless at the moment. I did feel it necessary to at least post something - habit you know.

Pickup, boat, trailer, new motor, all worked extremely well. One minor problem with the motor, but being a good "McGyver" I took care of that - I'll have to plead a bit with the dealer so the warranty isn't violated, but I've got all the good reasons in the world.

Wolfgang caught his first walleyes and northerns. We got some excellent pictures, and, can perhaps share some of those.

And who said Lanny can't drive for more than an hour. We drove 2850 miles on this trip. I drove all but 3.5 hours. Carolyn actually enjoyed driving the pickup truck though. It didn't seem to be as tiring - maybe it is the comfort - as driving a car that far.

We had all the weather - sun, sleet, snow, rain, sun. On the second morning, our boats were all a mess -- the back end of mine (stern) was sunk and half the boat flooded. Wolfgang and i got it bailed out and by midday, the weather was great and we were fishing again.

I learned a lot on this trip, made every mistake imaginable - and I mean every mistake one would think I could make with boats, ropes, motors, anchors - all of them.

Well, more to come! have a great day. I think one of the big lessons we all learned on this trip, is that almost everything we take so serious when it comes to problems, are really pretty trivial things...

No comments:

Post a Comment