Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day - what it means to me. I think Mother's Day is a special day to reflect on Mom's and Mom's to be. For me, the day includes Grandmas, Great Grandmas, Single Parents, and many more "categories". I think about all of them today. Mostly though hope our children reach out somehow to their Mom, Carolyn Joan Fahlenkamp. They usually do a pretty good job of that; fingers crossed today.

I think, too, about my Mom and how very special she was in so many ways. I think about the penny I regularly find lying on a sidewalk, a street, or anywhere unusual - that's Mom saying "hi-Lanny."  I think about her poetry and other writings, her love for playing cards, her love for Christmas, for Teddybears, Raggedy Ann and Andys, Scrabble, decorating bird house that Dad built, quilts, and so much more. Thank you Mom! I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment