Thursday, December 8, 2016

Untitled

Just happened to think this morning that I have not posted to my blog site for some time... turns out it is about 6 months ago since my last post.  Maybe of been busy playing golf, bowling and, well, lots of other less identifiable things.

I have made some life changes - I now have a part time job!  Yup, I'm working at Saddlerock Golf Course in Aurora - so, I'm sort of a civil servant - although I did discover that golf course in Aurora are self supported and do not use any "tax payer" funding as is provided for the other Aurora Recreational services.  I do enjoy the occasional days of work.

I also stepped down as President of the Fitzsimons Men's Association.  I did that in support of a friend who was forced into an either or situation over a seemingly silly disagreement.  To me it was a mountain made of a mole hill thing.  Never-the-less my friend was pretty much forced into resigning his position on the board.

We have bowling today, couples league, 4 person teams.  My average has improved significantly since the start of this season.  I don't or haven't done as well in the Monday night league, but this Monday I bowled my best series of the year with that league.  Maybe I'm not feeling quite as intimidated any more.  Why the perceived intimidation?  Most of the guys have averages between 190 and 230!  It is not so much intimidation as it is a feeling that I should be doing better.  I think I need to make it more like golf and "compete" against myself to score better!

All I really know is that I am enjoying life and I am a happy person!  Be happy, enjoy all of your moments, we only have so many - !

No comments:

Post a Comment