Thursday, July 13, 2017

Living the Dream

I'm living the dream - almost, the only thing that would bring it closer would be having a fishing pond or lake off the back door patio.  (Lana Babes IS living that dream!)  I guess if I really wanted to, though, I could be totally living my dream - but, and there is always a but- my dream is not the same as Carolyn's.  I think after 50 years of blissful marriage I would know what her ultimate dream would be - I don't!

So I think that would be a great topic for conversation on our upcoming adventure.  If only I can remember to bring the topic up.  I've got a very short term memory when it comes to that type of discussion.

Today I play in a senior-inter-club match at Heritage Eagle Bend.  Played there last year too.  I'm looking forward to the match today.  I've put together two decent rounds of golf in two consecutive days- so, I'm very happy.  I played golf with a gentlemen (Mike) yesterday - probably older than I am- wow did he have a fantastic short game and an excellent long game for that matter.  One of the things he did was have a steady routine prior to each shot.  He never ever lost his cool - he was reflective of each shot and then went on to the next - he carries a 12 handicap whereas mine is 19 (or close to it).

I've completed the - for the most part, because nothing is ever really finished or completed - the Koi pond retaining wall.  I'm now starting on finishing the patio project - sealing and such.  It is a busy and very joyful summer!

May all your days be joyful days! They are what you make of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment